EIGHT IS GREAT: Morimoto invented the Mini and has always set the benchmark high when it came to the H1…But no matter how many imitations popped up over the years, the competition just couldn’t compare. In fact, no alternative ever even caught up to the 7.0. It’s not that the 8.0 represents an entirely new generation of Mini H1, but Morimoto definitely took a good thing and made it even better by baking in a few more years of refinement.
ADVANTAGE: Let’s keep it simple and make a list of everything new about the Mini H1 8.0. The new blue AR clear lens. The ECE sloped beam pattern. The MotoHo1der precision bulb holders are now standard equipment, and the blue anodized lock ring is stronger and more strip-free than ever. The distribution of light as good as ever. Your ability to see is maximized.
QUAD PERFECTION:If you’ve been dying to do a quad projector retrofit but don’t have the space inside your lights for something bigger, there’s never been a better time. Now that the compact Mini H1 projector uses a slope style cutoff to match it’s bigger brothers like the D2S 5.0 or MLED 2.0, you can do a quad retrofit with perfectly matching beam patterns all the way across. Oh yeah!
EASY INSTALL: The Mini H1 8.0’s amazing ease of installation relative to the amount of performance they produce makes them our most popular Morimoto bi-xenon projectors. Simply remove fog light lens, insert the threaded mounting shaft through the pre-existing hole in the back of the reflector, hand-tighten, check rotation, tighten, and re-seal fog lights. Minimal cutting involved. (if any!) Check out the Installation Procedure for the Mini H1 8.0 linked above.
STAND OUT PERFORMANCE: With the most modern optics, the new AR clear lens, and their curved cutoff shield; The Mini H1 8.0 will outshine almost every OEM HID projector on the market and go head to head with the legendary S2000 projectors! (which cost 3x as much, are much harder to retrofit, and don’t even have a high beam) Their wide, uniformly lit beam stays intense all the way to the outer limits. The Morimoto bi-xenon projectors’ provide an insane amount of additional light on demand.
STANDARD EQUIPPED: With your choice of either Mini Gatling Gun or Mini Graphite shrouds to keep things compact and easy to assemble. Full size shrouds are also compatible with the Mini’s using the centric rings.
MOTOHO1DERS: Are the high-precision H1 bulb holders that Morimoto released in 2018, and they now come standard. It utilizes a three-piece design that’s way more effective but virtually no bigger overall than the old paperclip setup. The clever three-piece design provides even pressure on the back of the bulb, ensuring perfect alignment. To be honest, we think it’s the single best upgrade to Morimoto’s bi-xenon projectors that’s ever been conceived since it helps make the most of the awesome Mini H1 8.0’s on the road. Well worth the extra few bucks in the grand scheme of things!
ANTI-REFLECTIVE COATING LENS: The blue tint to the lens is more than marketing fluff too. That’s an AR coating, and it serves a real purpose. AR coatings increase the transmission of light through the glass all while decreasing bleed. The result? 10% more light and less glare compared to a traditional clear lens. The blue-hue may not be for everybody, but in this case we’re down.
- PROJECTORS: 2x Morimoto Mini H1 8.0 Bi-Xenon
- HARDWARE PACKS: 2x Lock Rings, Adapter Plates, etc.
- SOLENOID INPUTS: 2x 9006 Male Sockets
- SHROUDS: 2x optional Mini Gatling or Mini Graphite
- PRECISION BULB HOLDERS: Morimoto MotoHo1ders
- WARRANTY: 3 Years
- APPLICATIONS: Universal (cars/trucks/motorcycles)
- DIRECT FITMENT: H4, H7 fog lights (little/no mods required)
- MODIFICATIONS REQUIRED: H1, H11, H13, 9005, 9006, 9007 housings
- HID BALLASTS: 35W Only
- BULB TYPE: H1 HID Only
- SHROUDS: All Styles (w/ Centric Rings)
- CENTRIC RINGS: Shrouds Require Mini H1 Model
- CERTIFICATIONS: Exceeds DOT requirements
- APPLICATION: HID and LED projectors are street legal in the USA for Fog Light use only. Not compliant with DOT / FMVSS108 and not street legal in the USA for Headlights. Legal for off-road use in Snowmobile and ATV headlights and off-road racing use only auxiliary or forward lighting. International street legality varies by country. For detailed clarification on street use, CLICK HERE Note: This usage regulation is not unique to Morimoto projectors. All LED and HID bulbs from all other brands, regardless of marketing claims, are prohibited from street use in halogen headlights in the USA. To find street legal LED headlight assemblies, CLICK HERE
- HOMOLOGATION ECE: NO
- DOT/SAE/FVMSS108: NO (NOT STREET LEGAL IN HEADLIGHTS IN USA)
- DEPTH: 139mm (includes bulb holder)
- WIDTH: 88mm
- HEIGHT: 73mm
- LENS DIAMETER: 2.5in
- MOUNTING SHAFT: 20mm Diameter
- HOUSING DEPTH: 115mm Minimum
- STANDARD LENS: AR-Coated ‘Kuria Optic’ glass