BENCHMARK: Over the course of the last year, Morimoto was hard at work developing a new kind of LED bulb. It re-creates the original beam pattern from your optics effectively by doing more with less. They will put more light on the road for you as the driver, while creating less glare for oncoming traffic compared to any other LED bulb on the market today. While LED bulbs still aren’t DOT approved for use in headlights in the states.. foreign markets and fog light users can enjoy the best plug n play LED bulb to date. The 2Stroke 3.0.
INTEGRATED MICRO-OPTIC REFLECTOR: The 2Stroke 3.0 H4 bulb has an innovative low beam shade cup with a built-in micro-optical reflector inside that enables their ability to illuminate reflector surfaces above the bulb. In a typical H4 application, only about 30% of the raw lumens are projected on the road as forward illumination. With this special optic, about 40% of the lumens will be projected onto the road. The region of the reflector directly above the bulb is responsible for a critical amount of light within the beam pattern, making this patent-pending feature a serious performance advantage over other H4 LED headlight bulbs. (Patent Pending)
SUPERIOR BEAM QUALITY: The advanced PCB technology at the core of the 2Stroke 3.0 sets a new industry benchmark emission surface interval of just 2.4mm total. The PCB core itself is just 1.0mm thick. The dielectric layer: 300um. The circuit pattern: 140um, and the Philips Lumileds Luxeon Z LED chips: just .59mm each. Paired with the tight light-emitting surface area of the LEDs: this adds up to a total cubic volume of 4.46mm. At the end of the day, no LED bulb in the world more closely simulates the filament size of an incandescent bulb more accurately than the Morimoto 2Stroke 3.0–and for those in the know, this is critical when it comes to proper beam distribution.
OPTIMIZED FOCAL LENGTH: Each size in the 2Stroke 3.0 lineup has been painstakingly optimized for proper output in its designated application. The critical reference distance has been calculated based on the geometry of the bulb base and the footprint of the Osram HKL emitter. To ensure consistency, special tools were designed to quality-control the accuracy of each bulb as it comes off the production line. Most other LED light bulbs on the market use a ‘set it and forget it’ reference distance across all sizes in the series, which is not the case here.
360 DEGREES OF ROTATION: The 2Stroke 3.0 LED bulbs feature a fully adjustable base. In order to fully utilize the optical facets in any reflector or projector: The light emitting diodes must face the 3-o-clock and 9-o-clock positions. Since no single standard exists across different headlight and fog light assemblies, all bulbs in the 2Stroke 3.0 range are fully adjustable. A geared step rotational adjuster mechanism is installed for all bulbs which twist-to-lock, offering adjustability in 15-degree intervals. An omni-adjustable rotation mechanism is utilized on all bulbs that are press-fit or clip into the housing.
THERMAL MANAGEMENT: Once the bulb is installed, the high-speed fan contained within is completely sealed, making the 2Stroke 3.0 the first actively cooled LED bulb with a fan that’s not susceptible to outside elements. Their unique internal circulation cooling system uses a 12,000-rpm cyclone fan to suck cool air into the body of the bulb and blow warm air out, back into the housing. On the intake side, cold air is sucked in past the sidewall of the PCB to exchange heat and is blown out the opposite side of the bulb. This effectively cools the bulb while warming the ambient temperature inside of the housing, increasing resistance to snow/ice buildup on the lens during the winter months. The cooling system on the 2Stroke 3.0 not only does it’s job to protect the longevity of the bulb, but serves up a bad-weather benefit not found elsewhere. US Patent #11079090 (Click for Details)
ADVANCED DRIVER: The LED Driver on the 2Stroke 3.0 H4 Bulbs is made of die-cast AL that’s been electroplated. It has a double-lip seal, and has been completely potted. In combination with the high-quality over-molded wiring, these bulbs are all-weather ready.
- LED BULBS: 2x (One Pair) H4 2Stroke 3.0 LED Bulbs
- LED DRIVERS: 2x 2S3
- WIRING: H4 Plug and Play Inputs
- WARRANTY: 3 Years (Click for Details)
- BASE/FITMENT: H4
- APPLICATION: HID and LED bulbs are street legal in the USA for Fog Light use only. Not compliant with DOT / FMVSS108 and not street legal in the USA for Headlights. Legal for off-road use in Snowmobile and ATV headlights and off-road racing use only auxiliary or forward lighting. International street legality varies by country. For detailed clarification on street use, CLICK HERE Note: This usage regulation is not unique to Morimoto bulbs. All LED and HID bulbs from all other brands, regardless of marketing claims, are prohibited from street use in halogen headlights in the USA.
- HOMOLOGATION ECE: No
- PATENT: US Patent #11079090 (Click for Details)
- DOT/SAE/FVMSS108: NO (NOT STREET LEGAL IN HEADLIGHTS IN USA)
- DO I NEED PWM / ANTI-FLICKER MODULES?:
- USE IN FOG LIGHTS: Unlikely
- LOW BEAMS THAT DOUBLE AS DAYTIME RUNNING LIGHT: Likely
- HIGH BEAMS THAT DOUBLE AS DAYTIME RUNNING LIGHT: Likely
- VEHICLE IS LATE MODEL AMERICAN (CHRYSLER, DODGE, JEEP, FORD, GM): Likely
- INTENSITY: 1,860lm
- POWER: 24w
- INPUT VOLTAGE: 9V-16V DC
- MATERIAL: Electroplated Aluminum
- CURRENT: 1.1A @ 12V DC
- LIGHT SOURCE: Philips Luxeon Z ES 5700K (Pure White)